Each print is made by hand by printing directly from the roots of a tree. This tree grew in one of the most beautiful places in the United States, in the shadows of Glacier National Park in Montana. Many of the trees in this area were killed by a forest fire and the roots are one of the last things remaining things of this ancient forest. The grain in the wood reveals how the tree reaches its roots through the soil leaving us with intricate patterns that took the entire lifetime of the tree to form. These tree ring prints help us see our place in a much larger historical context and hopefully each ring makes us reflect on the limited time that we have in this beautiful landscape.
- Each print is like a fingerprint from mother nature
- All prints are made by hand using the traditional woodblock method
- Material: 100lb acid-free paper
- Size: 18x24"
- Frame not included, only print
- Type: Cedar
- Paint: High quality textured ink